Occasional thoughts on business process management, eprocurement, customer service, the dark art of sales and the creatures that inhabit these worlds.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The world is a village

Last week a second cousin of mine died in a horrific and pointless motorbike accident in Durango, Colorado, USA. This is obviously a very personal event for our extended family and I agonised over posting anything about it in this blog.

But yesterday I Googled him and found a blog of another of his cousins - a US attorney who had acknowledged Conor's passing.

The world is a village and the Internet is more than a superhighway, it is an endless network of roads, byways and sleepy lanes that enables us to connect with people in previously unimaginable ways - a simple and obvious thought I know. It has joined together two strangers in their mourning.

Tell your loved ones you love them.

11 April 2007 - I have had some kind thoughts in comments and I thank those people for them however I will not be publishing them.

No comments: